Servant Leadership – 5 Tips To Lift Your Team
Servant leadership is the idea of a leader who shares power with his/her team, uplifts their people, and helps others develop and perform at their best. Today I want to share 5 things that are huge components to servant leadership, and that will ultimately lift you & your team to the next level.
1. Humility – First and foremost, to be a servant leader, you must be humble. You’ve got to set your ego aside and let go of any sense of self-importance that you have as a leader.
Luke 14:11 “For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
2. Awareness – To be a servant leader, you must have both a level of self-awareness & an ability to see where your team is, and where they have the potential to grow. Sometimes this requires taking a step back to analyze yourself & your organization.
3. Heart – You must genuinely care about your people to act as a servant leader. You’ve got to know what’s important to your team, and those things have got to be important to you as well. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
4. Culture – You can be a manager with a roomful of employees, or you can be a leader with a team & family culture. Servant leaders work to create a family culture of teamwork, and they are an active part of that culture.
5. GRIND – You’ve got to have the work ethic to GRIND right alongside your people. If your people see that you’re working on your goals and theirs, they’re going to work right alongside you. Without putting in the work yourself, you can’t expect others to put in work for you.
Leave a Comment